Color palette tutorial time!
This is by no means the Only Way To Pick Colors—it’s just a relatively-simple method I use sometimes. I’ve found it works pretty well, almost regardless of what colors you pick—as long as you can keep them organized by those light/dark warm/cool categories, and make sure one category takes up a significantly higher proportion of page space, it usually turns out pretty good!
The tutorial of how I achieve watercolor effect in Sai! :) I highly recommend using real watercolor paintings (your own or ones found on the internet) as reference.
And here you can find a few useful links:
- You can download the Sai file of this picture here: link
- Video process of painting another picture: link
- The old watercolor tutorial: link
- Sai brushes (none of them is made by me) link + file you need to open them in Sai: link
- Awesome watercolor brushes made by Kyle T Webster: link
Here’s the finished painting: link
‘Kiss Scene rough sketches - Drawing for Boys Love (Yaoi)' (Part 2 of 3)
A 103 page book/CD rom with male/male kissing scenes, from many different angles, for artist drawing references.
Other art references like this can be found here:
- Kiss Scene - Drawing for Boys Love (Yaoi) (Part 1 of 3)
- Kiss Scene - Drawing for Boys Love (Yaoi) (Part 3 of 3)
- Love Scene - Drawing for Boys Love (Yaoi)
- Mangaka Boy Love Pose Collection: Love Scene 2 (Part 1 of 2)
- Mangaka Boy Love Pose Collection: Love Scene 2 (Part 2 of 2)
- Mangaka Boy Love Pose Collection: Love Scene 3’ (Part 1 of 2)
- Mangaka Boy Love Pose Collection: Love Scene 3’ (Part 2 of 2)
- Mangaka Boy Love Pose Collection: Love Scene 3’ (Part 3 of 3)
I am just crying tears of happy joy and whispering GAIAONLINE TAKE NOTE
‘the Irish head (skull) is one of the largest in Europe’
‘Irish are broad built and large boned’
‘Irish have characteristically thick eyebrows’
guess I know what to blame my problems on
but no this is a great resource totally rad check it out
This is really, really fascinating!
i’ve been waiting for this reference for a million years
That means free access to Photoshop CS2 - and that already has most of what you could ask for, really.
All you have to do is create a FREE ADOBE ID.
I am not sure about commercial use, but MAN. FUCKIN’ SWEET DUDE
Reblogging for the greater good.
I’m unlikely to pick it up as I honestly never use PS anymore, but here everyone who follows me. Free stuff.
oh wow this is perfect i was just lamenting that i’d have to buy creative suite for my new laptop WELP
Signal boost for any of my followers who need art programs!
The cs2 programs date back only a few years, and still have much of the functionality of today’s more modern ones. The differences between most of the versions are little more than slight modifications or additions of minor features, and UI changes. Go for it guys!!
Also, in case the page is down, here are the download links + serials.
Signal boost for you too, I downloaded it and use Photoshop CS2 to draw now c: enjoy, this is legit!
…It’s not a tutorial but rather a few tips on how I made these gifs. I’m really sorry if something is not clear but I seriously don’t know how to explain how I do it arggghh D: Also I hope that my handwriting is readable enough…?
+ I wanted to say that I’m happy to hear that people like my gifs :) Thanks! But please don’t treat me like somebody who knows how to animate stuff, these are my second and third attempt to animate anything ever :) Maybe in the future I’ll make something more ambitious :D